By means of this cookie statement we would like to explain to you what the Technologies we use are and why we use them. If you still have questions about our use of Technologies or your privacy in regard to the Technologies, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which technologies do we use?
As mentioned above, we use different Technologies for data collection. The Technologies used by Just Eat Takeaway.com are scripts, trackers and cookies. Each Technologies will be explained to you below.
1. What is a script? A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and to make it interactive. This code can be executed on our server or on your equipment.
2. What is a tracker? A tracker is a small, invisible piece of text or image on our website that is used to map the traffic on our website. In order to map the traffic we use multiple trackers that each store a different kind of data of you. We can also have third parties place trackers on our website to monitor the traffic on our website for us.
3. What are cookies? A cookie is a simple small text file that is sent from some of our webpages and is stored by your web browser on the hard drive of your computer. Some cookies only help to make the link between your activities on our website during your website visit. Other cookies will remain on the hard drive of your computer and will be sent back to our servers, or those of third parties who have placed the cookie for us, at the time you visit our website again.
4. What are social media buttons? In addition to cookies, our websites also use social media buttons. These buttons are included to promote web pages (‘like’) or share (‘tweet’) on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Youtube. These buttons work through pieces of code that come from Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Youtube itself.
Why do we use these Technologies?
We place cookies, trackers and scripts with different purposes: functional, analytical and marketing purposes. Below you will find an overview of the different purposes for using the Technologies. For a specific overview of all Technologies used by us, the associated purposes and specific functions of the Technologies, please refer to our technologies list. This list is regularly updated by us in order to provide you with an accurate overview of the Technologies we use.
1. Functional purposes We use different Technologies to ensure that our website functions well and is easy to use. Scripts and cookies are used for this purpose. Scripts ensure that the website is interactive and that once you click on something, something actually happens. Cookies are used to make functions such as the shopping basket possible. Without cookies, the shopping basket could not remember the products you selected. Remembering your address is also a function that would not work without cookies. Some of the technologies used for functional purposes are so essential to the functioning of our website that they can not be switched off. These Technologies will not be kept for more than a few hours after your website visit.
2. Analytical purposes We analyze your behavior on our website, using cookies and trackers, to improve our website and to adapt it to your wishes. We hope that by analyzing this data our website is as user friendly as possible. For example, we keep track of which pages are visited the most and how you navigate on our website.
Security of your data by us and by third parties
1. Security of your data by Just Eat Takeaway.com Just Eat Takeaway.com takes the protection of your data serious and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you think that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us at: email@example.com.
2. Third-party technologies As previously mentioned, we use third-party Technologies. These third parties assist us in achieving the described purposes. We do not allow third parties to use your data for their own purposes or purposes that do not correspond with the purposes as described in this statement. Just Eat Takeaway.com concludes processing agreements with third parties who place Technologies on our website in our assignment. We conclude these processing agreements to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. We remain responsible for the processing of your personal data by third parties on behalf of Just Eat Takeaway.com.
What are your rights? 1. Enabling/disabling cookies and deleting cookies You can always adjust your preferences regarding the Technologies (often only called cookies on the internet). It is also possible to delete already placed cookies (this is the only Technology that stores data on your device). By disabling the Technologies it is possible that parts of our website will no longer work. Essential Technologies for the operation of the website (including some scripts and cookies) can not be deactivated.
By clicking on one of the links below you will find how you can change your settings per browser and possibly delete your cookies:
2. Right to inspect, correct or delete your data You have the right to request access to and correction or deletion of your data (for more information, see our privacy statement. To prevent misuse, we can ask you to adequately identify yourself in case of such a request.
This Cookie statement can be modified and was last modified on 24/08/2020